November 30, 2010

HeY all!

Ok, so once upon a time there was this missionary in Brazil and his younger, kind, but ever impatient sister back home always gave him a really hard time for NEVER writing handwritten letters. That young, kind girl has developed patience, brotherly kindess and charity as a missionary herself and realizes now that there is NEVER time for anything but the work. So please accept my apology Daniel-san and for the rest of the family thank you ever so much for the wonderful letters!!!
Yes, Father, my p-days are always monday unless otherwise notified. If not monday, it would be tuesday if my companion and/or i are involved in a transfer.
Hopefully that doesn´t happen for a while because I LOVE this area! So many people that have been waiting for missionaries to come and get to work.
So I said before that my companion Hna Peña and I were opening this area. There hadn´t been missionaries here for most of the last 3 months because there was a shortage of missionaries all of a sudden because VISAS weren´t going through. Seriously, when you pray for missionaries, pray that everything with their paperwork and visas go through because the lack thereof has really been gumming up the works. But I guess if this area hadn´t been closed, these people that we are helping reach the waters of baptism may not have been prepared for the journey. But ´the field is white and ready to harvest´. I guess i should say él campo blanco está ya listo para la siega, y he aguí, quien mete su hoz con su fuerza y atesora para sí, de modo que no perece, sino que trae salvación a su alma!´ haha I´m trying sooo hard at the writing in Spanish thing but i basically really suck at it so let´s wait a few months before we really expect me to be communicating so fully in Spanish. Oral conversation is totally fine, reading the Spanish scriptures is getting waaay better but the writing?? Still working on it in language study, promise!
OK, soooo
BAPTISM!!!
I felt like Elder Calhoon in the best two years, putting a huge star, circles and exclamation points around the number :)
Can you believe it? I got to see a baptism my second week in the field! The blessed girl is Brenda Aguilar. She is 10 years old and lives with her aunt and uncle. She moved here with her dad in march from Peru. Basically she was heaven sent and so prepared. When we gave her a book of mormon, she and her cousin would play scripture reading games. Seriously, they would sit and randomly open a page and start reading. For fun! A 10- and 7-year old. I LOVE them. She was super excited and really understood what we taught her. She is a strong daughter of God that is now working her way through life with the gift of the Holy Ghost to help her in this scary world. Hna Peña and I went to the church before everyone got there to make sure the font was filled. It wasn´t. It was also a little, ok a lot, DIRTY! We were horrified and last night checked that this ward hasn´t seen a baptism for over 6 months......oops. So we had to fill it in a hurry and hope no one noticed the water was a little murky. ha   ha    ha. Oh yeah, and there was a little buggy guy in there too but hey, next time, we´ll know. That´s our next project for the ward. CLEAN THE FONT! We´re going to have a lot of people in and out of there so it´s going to get done.
So that baptism was Saturday, confirmation Sunday. Yesterday at church we had 3 investigators. Well, I guess only 2 because one turned out to not even live in our area. :( we didn´t know that before we spoke with her and committed her to a baptismal date. So now that other area will get a Golden investigator, ready to be baptized on the 18th. They BETTER invite us to go....
But another investigator is preparing himself for baptism that same day. Alejandro has had a rough life and a really difficult divorce. I know that the Lord loves him because I had barely met him and I loved him too.
Also headed to the font, Ezequiel, Heidi, Luz, Charol, Guillermo. Pray for them!
It is absolutely miraculous the way the the Lord can bless a missionary´s heart to be so full of love for EVERYONE that they meet.
We are working with a lot of less active families and trying to get couples to decide to get married or separate. There are a lot of really great ward members that have been giving us a bunch of references. It´s so great! The members are key to finding and preparing people to be taught the gospel. It makes our lives so much happier instead of getting rejected time and time again. I´m getting used to people walking away when we talk to them, hoping and praying that somewhere, someday they will listen to this glad message.
Hey I totally forgot last week but HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Mmm, i hope you ate delicious pie and turkey. haha you´d NEVER find a family eating a turkey like that here. Not even at Christmas.
Ok, can I just tell you that I thought everyone was exaggerating when they talked about empanadas and the pasteries? haha NOT A LIE!! I could eat empanadas morning noon and night. Every province makes them a little differently and here in the city they make them with ground beef, green olives (weird but tasty) boiled egg and some spice I still haven´t been able to figure out which one. They eat a lot of pizza and empanadas here. I had a FABULOUS steak with a family last week but Hna Peña told me not to get used to it because they really don´t eat as much meat here as everyone outside argentina thinks. They DO use EVERY SINGLE LAST bit of the cow for food but hey, it´s not getting in my tummy so no worries.
Oh yeah, mom, about my tummy. I have to say that the food and exercise here is a MILLION times better than the MTC. I STRUGGLED in the mtc with food. It was always yucky in my stomach. Ask my companions. They can tell you more than you want to know. But here, eating a healthy breakfast, large meal in the middle of the day, walking TONS and a small snack when we get back to the pension at night.....I have lost weight!!! Haha!!! Exito! Today we are going ice skating with our district and we were given permission to wear pants so we can meet them there. My pants are super loose! haha so happy.

Ok, so here´s the plan, I am printing out the emails you sent and I will reply to those next week so I can read them carefully and hear about your lives! I am so happy to see that everyone wrote!!! Even Kam! Thanks!!!! It means sooo much!
So favors, as a christmas/birthday package, Mother or whomever, can you send more noni leaf spray, leaf serum and those shoes? Maybe possibly? And i don´t know, whatever else goes in the envelope works for me. I can get nylons here. (I wear them everyday! They have SAVED my feet. I have these massive callouses on the achilles tendon part of my foot that would be open, gaping wounds were it not for the nylons. So I wear them despite the heat. The knee highs are perfect because then the whole bottom half of my body isn´t crazy hot.)
Oh! And if reese´s fit in there??? I would LOVE that and so would my companion.
Gots to go but I sent picture from the CCM, from here, from there and everywhere. I can´t remember what all of them were but there´s my CCM district,  um....more pics later. They take FOREVER!
I love this gospel. I am so grateful for an amazing family with parents that have taught me since birth that we can be an eternal family. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I love Him and I pray daily that His perfect, Eternal Love can work through me to bring my brothers and sisters to Him, to return together to our Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom. This work is worth giving up my life for, even if it just 18 months. I can hardly believe at time that I am suited to do this. That I am authorized and set apart to help the children of God understand their worth and the Light of Christ that is in them to help them have move peace, comfort and tranquility in this tumoltuous world. I love the companionship of the Spirit when we are obedient. I know that this Church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the gospel in its fulness. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet that is leading us today. I love you family! Til next week!

Hermana González

Suzette's Mom here. I tried to upload pictures but there was an error message, I will try again later:(

No comments:

Post a Comment