March 5, 2012

Hey hey hey!!!

From March 5th, 2012



I cannot believe all the amazing-ness of stuff that is going on here, Poland, in Utah, and all over the great wide world!!! 
I have been faithfully receiving and reading such GREAT emails from friends who are wonderful examples of member missionary work and finding every opportunity to share their testimony and from fellow missionaries throughout the course of my mission. 
Sister Stay, my amazingly talented and beautiful friend serving as a missionary in Poland has always been a great source of motivation and love for me. Her amazingly powerful personality and testimony has kept me going MANY weeks of the mission and I love her stories of the tender mercies of the Lord. I don´t know if anyone one at home (mom, dad?) have followed her blog like I have (the posts of her emails get forwarded to me, not sure how but they have been since day 1 of the MTC. LOVE it) But she will be finishing up this great service to the Lord this month. My heart felt a ton of different emotions reading that. We were together very little time in the MTC while she was waiting to just get out and serve and it was a miracle for me to see her. Now, it´s just a little bit longer and I´ll see her on the other side. I love her so much and I am grateful for her friendship just as much as the amazing example she has been of a diligent worker in the Lord´s vineyard. The field is WHITE and ready for the harvest. 
A great friend sent a fantastic email with a story about sharing the Book of Mormon with David Russell, a Grammy winning guitarist, while he was in Salt Lake playing. I loved the story because of many things but mostly the power of prayer and preparation. He had a spare Book of Mormon in his car and a prayer in his heart to have the opportunity to share it with David Russell. He got the chance and did his part to flood the earth with the Book of Mormon as President Benson said we should do. 
The time is now. The technology has never been greater. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have shared my whole missionary experience with dozens, maybe a hundred people or more through a simple blog. 
I know that this is the only true Church of Jesus Christ. He Himself is at the head leading us in a world of confusion and changing values to a path of steady, sure principles and a firm foundation. What a wonderful gift of peace in a difficult time to live on earth. 
This week was amazing to see how the Lord has prepared the people here in Ushuaia to receive the Gospel. Hno Enrique was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. He has been a ROCK star inviting people to come to church to accompany him and see the great changes he is making in his life. 
There is a girl that is a reoccurring face in my pictures Xenia, (pronounced Gina, kinda).She is AMAZING! She was baptized about a month and a half ago in another branch down here. She LOVES going with us to visit investigators and makes sure that we are doing well in committing the people to read, pray and leave them a part they can read and ponder until our next visit. She´s 12 and the best mini missionary I´ve seen her age!! We went to meet this one family that just moved here from Rio Grande on Saturday night after a baptism (where we took Ana Laura, a great girl that is excited about her baptism the 18th that Xenia befriended immediately) and with this family, Xenia loved them immediately as did Hna Shelley and I. Nestor and Virginia are SO great! They have two little kids, Lujan and Ignacio. They are a great family. Nestor is a less active member who wants his family to have the gospel. Virginia and he are just waiting this week for his divorce papers, all signed and good to go, to arrive so they can go and start the paperwork to be married here! The day they get married, Virginia is all ready and anxious to get into the water!!! She´s so prepared it´s crazy that all these random things have been holding her back from being baptized already. The whole family went to church yesterday, stayed happily participating in all the classes. They are SOO great! Virginia started the Book of Mormon from the beginning about a month ago and is in Alma 30 I think! She LOVES learning the gospel and just wants to know everything. She has this huge list of things to ask that she is anxious to talk about with us this week. 
We met Ana and Ana Laura, well, I met them because Hna Shelley knew them from BEFORE I got here and they had left for vacation. Now everyone is back because school started down here. Ana Laura is this cute, cute 12 year old who loves church, loved young women´s and is eager for her own baptism. Hopefully we can work with the whole family but her mom has been kinda depressed lately and sleeps a lot so we never see her. Ana Laura came with us to the baptism on Saturday and loved it. She said it scared her at first because she wasn´t prepared for what it was but then said she got this great warmth in her heart as she was sitting waiting for the little girl who had gotten baptized to change clothes. She wrote little Victoria a note of congratulations and thanks for letting her be there. It was Great!!
I love this work. I am so grateful for every day we get to be here and testify!!!
I have so many more stories to tell you all someday. We´ll get there. Basically, Heavenly Father is a God of miracles. I love it. I get to see them everyday work in people´s lives and hearts.
I got really sick yesterday with a terrible migraine (like old-school style) that KILLED me. I was OUT after church. I can´t even believe it. It frightened Hna Shelley I think but after sleeping, I felt tons better. I thought after sleeping all day, I wouldn´t be able to sleep through the night, but I SURE did! It just goes to show HOW tired I am. It´s bad. I have to take care of myself because I can´t just be taking days off, so we´ll be planning better, resting better and figuring it out. My body can´t give out on me yet!! I still have lots of time left!!! :)
Love you all, 
Until next week
I´ll tell you about my new district next time. They are cool. I miss Elders Herrera and Manjarres though....bummer.
Love you!
Hermana Gonzalez




P.S. In response to Hna Dunn´s email from this last week,
 I DO get your emails and I love reading about how you are doing! Hopefully you are getting my emails too. I will send you some pics and I know that you are doing great in San Ignacio!!! Keep rocking. Oh, by the way, I about DIED in the cyber reading about the spider incident. How I miss our TRIO! Hnas Dunn, Erickson and me. Wow, what a team. We were great. Love you dear. See you later!





No comments:

Post a Comment