February 7, 2011

uh a LOT of news!

6 de Febrero, 2011

I´m not in urquiza just so you know. ......I´m with the PENGUINS!
I have a LOT to tell you SOOO MUCH NEWS THIS WEEK!
First off: HNA PEÑA BROKE HER FOOT! Last P-day! We were NOT going to
go and play with the elders (because they wanted to play basketball as
a zone for E Petersen´s last p-day) and Hna Peña was really against
the idea. From the moment they suggested it on the phone, she was
like, no! And then I joined her because as much as I love to play it
just gets awkward and difficult to play with Elders. No touching! No
touching! (Arrested development anyone?)

So Hna Peña didn´t want to but felt obligated since E Petersen was
leaving, we really love him AND it was his birthday. So we went, an
hour late, but hey a sister's got to do what a sister's got to do. We
started to play and all of the sudden, my comp, who is the only one
I´m allowed to guard, was gone. She had hobbled off the court, and I
felt horrible for not noticing and she was saying that it hurt a lot.
I was so confused because I hadn´t seen anything happen. She had shot
the ball, made a basket ( that´s my girl!) and then passed the ball.
When she had passed the ball, she made a step forward to get some
strength in the pass and her foot twisted beneath her. She kept saying
'I think it´s broken, it hurts a lot!' WHAT? I took off her shoe and
moved her ankle and it was fine then we took off her sock and I
noticed where there´s usually a little knob of bone, it was smooth.
And veeeerrry swollen. We called the mission doctor immediately while I
was icing her foot. Lucky for us, we had the doctor in the offices
about a half hour away USUALLY. BUT since they are preparing for EFY
for the first time in Argentina the doc was 2 hours away! Ooops. So we
followed his instructions to care for her foot and we were sent to a
hospital that also treats missionaries in capital to get x-rays.

That was a loooong night. I was stressed that my comp was broken and
what am I going to do? all that jazz. She got the x rays, we went home
reeeeally late. Our dear district leader had stayed up worried about
us because, as we found out a day later, constitucion (where we were)
is a really rough, pretty not nice area. He told us to call him when
we left to go to the hospital in remis, when we got to the hospital, when
we found out anything, when the remis came back to pick us up, when we got
home and before we went to sleep. He showed a lot of love and concern
for us and we´ll never forget that experience.

Ok she didn´t break break her foot but she sprained tendons that
connect her foot to her toes so she has to wear one of those big
black, removable boot things. She was hobbling around with crutches
for a couple days when she was supposed to be resting but we were out
trying to get to the hospital and get medicine for pain that she
wasn´t allergic to etc etc.
Farewell fireside was great. I met 3 more elders from Orem, again,
didn´t know any of them but there are pictures. Maybe poohhead
remembers them from Canyon View because they are, mostly to be
expected, 2 years younger than me. :)

TRANSFERS! I actually moved! It was heart-wrenching at the same time
as really exciting. I received a phone call really late for missionary
standards since I was supposed to be sleeping but no one sleeps the
night before transfers out of nerves. We should be vigilant for the
cell phone until 10 at night and USUALLY if you don´t get a call by
then, both missionaries stay put. That´s what happened to me last
time.....
THIS time...we got a very late call at 10:35. E Castañeda from
Colombia, my zone leader, called us. We were nervous because we thought
we were staying. He calls me to the phone and said I was going to
Belgrano. I was confused because that is an 'elder area' in my same
zone. Oh wait....it´s in the south. I left the apartment in Urquiza at
4:30 am to get on a plane to travel 4 more hours south to Rio
Gallegos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My new comp is Hna Salas from Chile. She is only 1 transfer older than
me! WHAT? we have our work cut out for us!!!

Ok, the south, really fast. Imagine the part of southern Utah between
Manti and St george............now flatter.......THAT´S Rio Gallegos.
:)
Ok sad story, left my CAMERA in the office elders car! GAH! Hopefully
they find it and send it asap!

Love you all, take care, more next week. Took too long telling about
hna Peña but pray for me and my new comp and that the penguins don´t
bite!

love love love
Moroni 7 :33

No comments:

Post a Comment